Thursday, February 5, 2009

7:46 AM

It's 7:46 AM. I've been up for an hour; the sound of the rain woke me up at 6:30 and every ten minutes or so, I poke my head out the curtains to see if the rain has let up, which is kind of stupid because it's still raining hard enough that I can hear it in the kitchen. Maybe it'll go away before 9 or 10. Maybe it'll blow through once the sun comes up; the radar images on the national weather website shows that the band of precipitation going through central Spain is not solid, that there are breaks. Accu-Weather says that the weather is going to get better this afternoon, but that doesn't help me at all because I have to work at 3PM. So: suck it up, head out in the rain and just hope that it doesn't get worse than this.

If the status on my Facebook page doesn't change by 6PM, call the Civil Guard. I'm doing climbs on the bike lane beside the M301, between Perales de Tajuña and the turnoff to the Warner Brothers theme park by Góquez de Abajo, near San Martín de la Vega.

No comments: