Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bad Cyclist

"No pain, no gain," says Yago, and by the time I'm finished screwing around with trying to get the Polar on the bike, it's damn near nine and I DO intend on trying to get the training in. But I don't. The trainer is misbehaving and keeps snapping out. The phone rings. I can't focus. I'm days away from the ever-feared arrival of Aunt Flo, and I am in SUCH a mood that, after a while, I give up.

I hate this. I hate not being able to focus and shut my brain off but it's still so damn loaded with irrelevant, non-cycling stuff that I don't half wonder if I'm going to do more harm than good. Which I don't. My f***-it gene is too strong to go so hard I actually hurt myself.

It's ten p.m. I'm sick of messing around with stuff. I still haven't eaten dinner. I'm going to bed, a bad cyclist who can't focus.

But at least I'm honest about it!!!!! :O)

No comments: