Friday, July 24, 2009

Passing on the "shrink and pink"

Much to my mother's eternal disgust, I have never been a fan of overtly feminine...stuff. It took me ages to start buying decent (i.e. remotely sexy) underwear, I still don't own any china or a set of silver, and I do have several strands of good pearls that I could probably excavate and wear if given a couple of days' notice.

So it's no surprise that the culture battle that comes with trying to get more women on bikes (more of which later) seems to be fought, more than anything, in the stores than on the streets. Simon Usborne, of Britain's The Independent newspaper, touched briefly on the subject this morning in the paper's Cyclo Therapy blog and, with any luck, will hit a very sensitive nerve with some of his readers of the female persuasion. Give it a couple of days and I might even be able to score an interview with him....

http://tinyurl.com/lo53pn

No comments: