Sunday, July 26, 2009

If I had a Euro for every time someone asked me....

...these questions, I'd be able to make my rent. Every month. It's nice that people are curious but I'm almost to the point where I'm going to get a t-shirt made up with the following:

a) Yeah, that IS my bike.
b) 50x34, but I put a triple chainring on for the Quebrantahuesos.
c) No. I stole it off some cyclist who was floating dead in the Artouste Reservoir. (Of COURSE this is MY Quebrantahuesos jersey - participating was the only way to get one....9h 39m)
c) Canada.
d) Because my friends are all either lazy or on holidays; otherwise I wouldn't be alone.
e) No, I'm not afraid of going out alone, because I have a lot of lazy friends.
f) Nine years in November.
g) Ottawa.
h) Compared to the weather in Ottawa, this is a huge improvement, so yeah, I think I'll stay.
i) Thanks, but I kind of like riding by myself.
j) Thanks, but I'm already a member of the Chamartín.
k) It was cool that Contador won over Armstrong but I was kind of cheering for Sastre.

So that's 12 questions, multiplied by about 50 times I get asked this in the course of a normal month...yeah. Rent, phone and the light bill.

No comments: