Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I think I want the Tour to be over.

I think I want the Tour to be over already.

I think I want Alberto Contador to just go ahead and put the screws to Texas Toast (sorry..."He Who Shall Not Be Named" was already taken) one more time so that people on the Bicycling Magazine forums can have something else to whine about.

I think I want the Tour to be over because I want Alberto to have won and I'm having a lot of trouble enjoying the winning.

I think I want the Tour to be over because I want to know about the inevitable shitstorm that will come with the Contador-Brunyeel divorce.

I think I want the Tour to be over for selfish reasons, too, because then it'll be fun to do volume rides down around San Martín de la Vega and see the Peña, and try to figure out which skinny guy with the big nose and Giro glasses he was.

I think I want the Tour to be over because I love Contador's phoenix-like reappearances, how many times this...this KID...has pulled himself out of crap situations and come out the stronger and better rider for it.

I think I want the Tour to be over because then I can focus on my own cycling, and it'll mean that Yago and Zaida will be back in town and there'll be, like, y'know, reasonable cycling fans I can talk to about cycling, in English.

I think I want to Tour to be over because I want to believe in the underdog, no matter how strong he is.

I think I want the Tour to be over 'cause I really want to see Bradley Wiggins, or anyone in the Argyle Armada, place higher than Texas Toast.

I think I want the Tour to be over because then I'll know whether I have to deal with a broken heart or not...

No comments: