Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's a new beginning!

To give you an idea of how sure I am that none of my friends read this blog: If any of you (and I mean those of you who live in Madrid - if you're in Ottawa, you're gonna have to wait until Easter) read this, and ask me, "Hey, who's Yago?" - I will buy you lunch.

Who is Yago? Yago is Yago Alcalde, the brains behind Ciclismo y Rendimiento (http://www.ciclismoyrendimiento.com/). I read about Yago's online training system in Ciclismo a Fondo last month, and spent the weeks following seriously mulling over whether I was a good enough candidate to do it. Looking back on it now, the fears seemed silly (as all fears do, sooner or later), but there's something intimidating about asking for help. Singling yourself out for assistance is scary; most people (including me) would rather try to figure it out for themselves rather than surrender and ask for help. So I caved. I spent two days drafting and crafting an e-mail that would lay things on the line and be honest without sounding like a total idiot. And he wrote back.

I'm not sure what to expect, but at least I took the step

No comments: