Tuesday, August 18, 2009

99 Things I Want to Do Now That the Season is Effectively Over

1. Try to sleep in on Saturday mornings.
2. Do more Pilates.
3. Start working again and make money.
4. Get my nails done (and try to get the chain grease out from my cuticles.)
5. Get the triple chain ring back on Ruby in time for cyclocross season.
6. Wash the floors.
7. Go out for paella.
8. Go sit on a beach somewhere for a week.
9. Find a boyfriend.
10. Or find someone I can have a regular flirtation with.
11. Start planning trip back to Canada at Christmas.
12. Get rid of any other clothing that's bigger than a size 40.
13. Not look at either Coca-Cola or Aquarius for at least four months.
14. Take a cooking class.
15. Not look at any PowerBar products until at least March.
16. Take a trip up to Rascafría and actually *try* some of the restaurants I've always ridden by but never actually gotten into
17. Get a nice haircut without having to worry about what a helmet is going to do to it.
18. Spend afternoons in September watching *others* kill themselves in the Vuelta.
19. Buy a nice pair of heels.
20. Buy a form-fitting Lycra garment that doesn't have either a pad or three back pockets.
21. Go out for Mexican food.
22. Think about having a nice glass of wine (even though I probably won't actually do it).
23. Take a stretching class and get eight months' worth of kinks out of my back.
24. Wear makeup.
25. Join a gym and get more strength into my legs.
26. Join a gym and spend time flirting.
27. Escape for a weekend and spend the entire time sightseeing, reading books and soaking in the tub.
28. Work on the "Chicas por Chamartín" women's cycling project.
29. Plan the 2010 season with Yago.
30. Make a list of races that I could take part in, then train to get my speed up.
31. Take an endurance swimming class.
32. Go to Pontevedra next weekend to visit Scott and Luis.
33. Go back to using the handlebars of the bikes as a place to dry socks.
34. Not feel guilty about being up after 11.30 at night.
35. Experiment with more gluten-free recipes.
36. Take a language course.
37. Exfoliate vigorously every day to get rid of farmer's tan.
38. Read more.
39. Find a different Saturday group to go out with.
40. Learn how to make my own nut butters. I'm getting sick of peanut butter.
41. Take a fun dance class. Bollywood or something totally impractical like that.
42. Eat gorgonzola without feeling guilty.
43. Eat Mexican food without feeling guilty.
44. Eat Thai food without feeling guilty.
45. Put croutons and Caesar salad dressing on my salad without feeling guilty.
46. Start looking for a bigger apartment.
47. Catch and strangle the SOB who keeps taking my ESL ads down in the Central Library.
48. Listen to my iPod for the sheer hell of it and not because it's the only thing that keeps my brain quiet during training.
49. Watch "Lawrence of Arabia."
50. Plan and offer an English course for actors.
51. Get around to planting that window box that I bought with Kinga in May.
52. Tell that annoying guy from Illescas that I met when I was out with Kirsty last year that there's no way I'm, ahem, "inviting him over to dinner" again because I know damn well he's got a girlfriend.
53. Buy a new sofa.
54. Buy a new fridge.
55. Buy some nice linen!
56. Stay at 62 kg.
57. No, wait. Lose another 4 kg.
58. Watch all of Billy Wilder's movies.
59. Get my eyebrows waxed properly.
60. Start getting the paperwork together to apply for Spanish citizenship. (I can't do it until 2012 but might as well start sooner than later.)
61. Take singing lessons.
62. Sell the rest of my flamenco gear if I'm not going to use it.
63. Ascertain if a certain someone is gay, married or just not interested.
64. Flirt more with a certain other someone.
65. Flirt more. Period.
66. Get the chemicals and the blacks that I'd need to be able to develop black and white negatives in my bathroom.
67. Go to Girona to visit Josep and Delors and la Avià.
68. Go out somewhere in the country and do nothing except lay on my back and stare at the sky for a whole afternoon.
69. Go hiking in Navarra when the leaves start to turn.
70. Find a cycling mentor.
71. Meet up with The Oik "by chance", wearing something tight and sexy, and let him know just what he missed out on.
72. Fix all of those broken bead necklaces that are sitting in a Ziploc bag in my closet.
73. Get my Chanel earrings fixed. It's only been 17 years....
74. Start seriously looking at (and saving for) a tri-TT bike for 2010.
75. Go to a football game.
76. Have Tora, Des and Kinga over for dinner now that I have a dining room table.
77. Get a flat-screen TV.
78. Go hiking in the Sierra Nevada.
79. Take a rock climbing course.
80. Have breakfast in bed at least once a month.
81. Eat more chocolate.
82. Buy a better printer!
83. Go to a gig. Any gig.
84. Learn how to make paella.
85. Do a "matanza" with the girls and make my own chorizo.
86. Do "calçots" with the girls in Valls in January.
87. Learn how to make my own sushi.
88. Start saving to buy a flat.
89. Pay off my credit card debt.
90. Go visit museums, like the Sorolla or the Navy Museum, that I walk past all the time, but never go into.
91. Take the AVE somewhere.
92. Finish reading "Paris, 1919".
93. Have a bocadillo de calamares.
94. Borrow Tora and Des's drill and finally put up that knife magnet I bought last spring.
95. Get caught up on correspondence.
96. Give Ellie a damn good cleaning (including cleaning the chain.)
97. Fix my Waterman pens so that I can use them again.
98. File all of the photocopies that are left over!
99. Choose which of these things I would honestly, truly do, if I had the time and money!

No comments: