Monday, April 20, 2009

A moment to myself

Early Tuesday morning. The oatmeal is on, the coffee has been made and Gen and I have decided to postpone our power-walk until Friday, depending on her schedule. I don't have to teach until six this evening, but with a three-hour training block today (it'll be three hours by the time I get down there and get back) it still requires some planning. Get weighed in. Go to the FNAC to pick up the repaired iPod headphones so that I can listen to tunes while hammering up hills. Pick up some more groceries. Go over to Scott and Luis's to water the wisteria plants and pick up some more walnuts and cashews at the place that sells the really nice nuts.

On the bus, coming back from the airport yesterday, I thought about the difference between being alone and being lonely. The AG thing is still hitting me pretty hard - I am sincerely hoping that his silence is due to him being busy with exams or medical problems, because if my darkest thoughts are actually true and I got iced because his girlfriend has decided that she doesn't approve of me, it will put a serious dent in my opinion of Spanish men as buddies.

I like mornings like this, mornings with coffee and BBC Five Live and downloading random songs that I like to work out by. I like having the sun streaming in through the window and drinking coffee and not feeling the stress of having to live by the expectations of other people.

No comments: