Saturday, April 25, 2009

I found someone!!

Right. I KNOW how this is going to come across once it's written down, but it's still pretty damn cool.

She's only been riding for eight months, too!
She's the only girl in her club, too!
She's got strong legs, too!
She bought her bike right after last year's climb up Angliru, too!
She's got a university education and a wacko sense of humour,too!
She likes Tom Boonen, too!
She's looking for other girls to ride with, too!

Remember what it was like to be five years old and find a new friend while you were at the park? It was like that. I'd stopped on the Avenida de los Rosales because Ellie was making a strange clicking noise; when I got back on the bike, a guy in a Pedro Delgado jersey was hanging on my wheel; and at the next light, I turned around and saw this...girl!...on a black BH.

And the two of us just squealed at the same time: Oh my GOD!!! It's another GIRL!!!

I know. Maybe you have to be a girl on a road bike in Madrid to understand what a momentous occasion that was.