Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ouch (part 1 of........)

Oh boy, I sure feel it this morning. My forearms are fairly stiff from gripping the handlebars - something I tried really hard not to do. There are two knots of muscle in my lower back that were pulsing with my heart beat when I woke up. I went to bed at eleven and woke up just after 8:30, pretty much eliminating any chance of being in time for today's Chamartín ride. I don't even remember the alarm going off at seven.

I feel kind of bad about not going out with the Chamartín club this morning, but every time I think of it, I keep thinking the same thing: Ooooh, that's probably NOT such a good idea today.

I really overdid it yesterday. Not out of any raging desire to kill the rest of the group (OK, in all fairness, not MUCH desire) but just because riding into a headwind like that is so damn taxing.

I'll do penance this afternoon in the form of Pilates and an hour or two on the static trainer. Right now I'm not even sure I should be sitting upright.

No comments: