Saturday, January 31, 2009

>>BONK!!<<

It was all right today until Colmenar Viejo. One of us was hung over, one of us was tired, and then there was me, who blew out after twenty kilometres because I didn't have enough to eat yesterday.

Oh God, I hate bonking. I really do. There's nothing that makes me angrier than that feeling of energy evaporating, of feeling dead and useless against a hill that would have been nothing a week before. And on top of that, the battery died in the heart rate monitor band and I have no stats on what I actually did.

They say you learn by making mistakes. They also say that disasters are never caused by one mistake alone, but by a series of mistakes. How close did we come to having a disaster today? Probably not that close. We only did 80km. But I certainly learned my lesson about not starting the day with coffee, and making sure that I eat more than I probably need in the morning.

And the first outing of the Chamartín is tomorrow......

No comments: