Friday, October 13, 2006

Freedom!

So we had the talk today. We had the talk and I told her that I was terribly sorry, but I couldn't continue with directing the bike club as it was going now. That things were a LOT different from what I thought it was going to be. I suppose that I could have just told The Owner that all I wanted to do was leave, but I thought it would be better to at least give some kind of explanation for why I was going.

But you know what I can't shake off? I can't shake the feeling that I was being tested.

I can't shake the feeling that somehow, she wanted it to fail so that it would be another arrow in her persona Saint Sebastian of how she'd tried to save the final bastion of road cycling in Spain, and how another person had let her down...

I can't. I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt on this one, but I can't.

Oh, well....

In a little over two weeks from now, it ceases to be my problem.

No comments: