Sunday, October 29, 2006

Better solo than badly accompanied (Part One)

The Transibérico is the bike trip that was supposed to be the big trip for G-Man and I, but after last night (more personal, inter-cultural relationship crapola, nothing that's suitable for this blog because it's neither Spain-specific or has to do with biking) I think I've decided that I want to do this by myself. I don't want to have to spend a month with someone who doesn't love me, living in a tent and biking 100 km a day; I don't want that failure of the relationship rubbed in my face.

Besides, I know what's going to happen. He'll get all involved in some big project or some class or something and even though he'll have known about the dates for a year before, six weeks before we're due to leave, it'll come to pass that oh, he can't go. And I would like to leave this relationship with more than the memories of how I was disappointed.

No comments: