Thursday, October 9, 2008

Decision time?

It's nice out there today. I should be out on my bike but I can barely keep my eyes open - I slept like a log last night and wouldn't be awake if it weren't for the alarm on my watch, and the jet fighters flying over the centre of the city. (Día de la Hispanidad is on Sunday, and I assume that the jets were rehearsing the big fly-over.)

I never really know what I'm supposed to do on days like this. I didn't bike a lot yesterday - 25 miles getting around the city - and tomorrow Gonzalo and I are going to try to do the entire Anillo Verde that circles the capital. Then Saturday the gang are off to the Sierra and on Sunday, there's always the possibility of heading down to San Martín (if I don't catch up with the Chamartín gang.)

"The guy who wins is the guy who trains hardest" - Floyd Landis dixit. But then again, Floyd was paid to beat the hell out of himself, and I'm just starting....

No comments: